2011-05-06

Variations on a theme... and yet...

Sometimes I just feel like, quittin I still might
Why do I put up this fight, why do I still write
Sometimes it's hard enough just dealin with real life

My defenses are so up
But one thing I don't want is pity from no one
The city is no fun
There is no sun, and it's so dark
Sometimes I feel like I'm just bein pulled apart
From each one of my limbs, by each one of my friends
It's enough to just make me wanna jump out of my skin
Sometimes I feel like a robot
Sometimes I just know not what I'm doin

I just blow
My head is a stove top
I just explode, the kettle gets so hot
Sometimes my mouth just overloads...
But I've learned, it's time for me
Yo it only takes one time for me to get burned
Ain't no fallin no next time I meet a new girl

Got the urge, suddenly it's a surge
Suddenly a new burst of energy is occurred
Time to show everyone I am no longer scared now
I'm free as a bird

You gotta live it to feel it
You didn't you wouldn't get it
Or see what the big deal is

I'm a man, and this is my plan
Time for me to just stand up, and travel new land
Time for me to just take matters into my own hands
Once I'm over these tracks man I'ma never look back
And I'm gone
I know right where I'm goin
Sorry babe I'm grown and I must travel alone
Ain't gon' follow the footsteps...
I'm making my own
Only way that I know how to escape from this shit.

Goodbye...

(with thanks to Slim Shady)

No comments:

Post a Comment