2011-05-24

I beg your pardon?

Allow me to set the scene...


It's Sunday, 'round dinner time.
In a local (and smallish) grocery store picking up a few things.
At the checkout now.
There is a couple at the head of the line.
'She' has just finished picking out a chocolate bar (I guess as a desert to go along with the dinner they're obviously making).
Now, he's up for a pick.

And... roll 'em.

As he's reaching for a Skor (well done buddy... my personal fav), arms akimbo, the woman pipes up with "ha, he's always had a hard time making a decision" (or something to that affect.
With a head toss, and a chuckle, as if she were being funny, at his expense.
The guy was not impressed.
And from what I saw, neither were anyone else in the line, nor was the cashier.
Who, in fact, came to his defense.
He tells the woman that was a sexist comment (attempting to use the fact he's a man, which means indecisive [according to her]), and, that he felt she was making light of this 'fact'... in public, for her amusement.
She is clearly not getting it, and is becoming both embarrassed (that this man, is calling her on her s**t in public?) and, defensive.
He lets it slide (what I hope is), for now.

I see this as no different than if it were him making a comment about her being indecisive simply because of her ample breasts... and then making light of it, in public!

Ya, see what I'm saying?




So then is the above comment sexist or ignorant?

Or both?

What say you...

No comments:

Post a Comment