2011-05-20

Abi-normal

Psychology Today has a fine online piece entitled What is Normal?.

The question of normality creates strange paradoxes in the consulting room. Often it is relatively healthy people who feel defective. In psychotherapy, patients may perseverate over vague complaints, feeling off-balance and out of sync. The worriers may believe that they have too much or, more often, too little ambition, desire, confidence, spontaneity, or sociability. Their keen social awareness (a strength), when tinctured with obsessionality, causes them to fuss over glitches in the self. For them, a sense of abnormality precedes any diagnosis and may persist even when none is proffered.

I take an interest in such as I consider myself far from what is considered to be 'normal'. I've posted recently on the very subject.

Well worth the read... both my post and the article.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment