2014-09-02

What was that again?

Having been physically active over my days (more than what is generally considered 'average'), I am intimately aware of the pain and training discomfort.

I'd certainly done stretching and ab-work over a period of decades.

In what became my daily (well... for the most part daily... k!) regiment, I had been using a coupla (defined as two, or three) yoga poses for years now.

Both focused on my lower back.

My first yoga mat!
It just so happens that I'd been looking into a beginners class with the idea of learning something new that I could incorporate/borrow for my dailies.

It also happened to be the day after I'd had a bbq with Ali and Stirling (henceforth known as u2... or in this case, A&S), and Ali just happened to have a yoga mat that she was in the process of throwing out.

I know right?

I brought it home and decided to become familiar with this strange thing.
Though I've comfortably 'done' 25 crunches/situps/leg lifts through-out my days, 25 is, when you think about it, nothing special. I considered my abs/core my weak spot.

Weak spot independent of any injury related area.

You know... a rip/tear/break/disjointed/grinding/tense/or generally bloody and damaged area of what is now my bodies 51st plus year.

Of late *cough* I've been made aware of this on a daily basis.

Nothing you can do about that at this point.

And with that I made a conscious choice to focus more on my 'core.'

That is... my abs.

As the acknowledged weak area, I decided to investigate yoga a little further.

So much so that over the past few days I'd begun to put together what is known as a 'sequence.' I wasn't so interested in a dance (though I can... dance that is), but I certainly accepted the importance of creating a flow.


So online I went and quickly found an array of helpful sites.

Seriously, there are tons, easily found with a simple google search.

Using images and text, I got at it.

Though not completed (some fine tuning... perhaps over time even), today... was Day One.

With my stretching included... a good 1/2hr was spent on my core (abs not counting as they are done upon wakening.)

Talk about sweat?
It was quickly pouring off me.

I've a new appreciation for those dedicated to yoga.

And they are legion... aren't they?

Should I now include myself in that group?
Tell you this, I can't imagine every not doing this again.

It has had a profound effect on my over-all well being today.
Not to mention how my core feels now.
I cannot say enough on how different my body feels today.

I look forward to tomorrow... and the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment