2014-08-17

Floyd on the beach

Clapton with Waters
Out for a walk today and Floyd comes up on the playlist.
It's sorted by 'old' Floyd and 'new' Floyd (mostly albums in their entirety.)

Listening to the 'new' stuff again brought back some memories.

Having seen Roger Waters before seeing Pink Floyd was a treat really, as sitting in for David Gilmour was non other than Slowhand himself... Eric Clapton.

He certainly brought new blood to the music.

Gotta say I enjoyed the show.

Floyd at the Grandstand
3yrs later I was fortunate enough to see Floyd at the full CNE Grandstand.

Now that was a spectacle!

And, being that it was Floyd that I was going to see, I went fully 'prepared.'

*cough*

I can't recall everyone who was there, but I know that Larry and Bryan were.

They too, were fully prepared.

:l

Like I said... it was Pink Floyd we were going to see.

Now, just check out their set list.

I leave off now with a treat... a cut from the actual show.

Enjoy!



Pink Floyd performing One of These Days at the CNE Grandstand, 23 September 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment