2011-02-22

Dust in the wind? No, I think not...

With Hump-Day upon us, I can't help but look back to a week ago where I was almost left hanging on a limb.

Compared to today... well, there is no comparison. And yet one could not have happened without the other. Funny how life is that way.

With week's end fast approaching, I am optimistic that what I've put in place is the foundation needed to continue on my road. Despite my insistance (or because of?) that I fly in the face of what society says I should look like, should wear... how I should behave... what I should work at... I am more than confident that each and every day, I will not only survive, but be happy.

Most people cannot understand. They are stuck in their rut, they are raising a family (still), they grind out their 50hr week.

I can't help but feel empathy for them. They've no idea of what exsists outside of their little box, and they attack anyone/anything that reminds them of this.

Can't help but chuckle as well, for there is no reasoning with the unreasonable... no rationalizing with the irrational.

So, I will continue to grow my hair, continue to listen to what I want, continue to go where I want, march to my own beat.

If you think the above to be selfish, then, not only are you stuck... but you are ignorant of all that is important in our world.

Be kind to others... smile, laugh... enjoy the ride!

Or fuck-right-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment