2011-06-13

Un-frosted flakes...



"People so seldom say I love you and then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I Love You, it doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to."

World English Dictionary defines 'flake' as an eccentric, crazy, or unreliable person. Whereas Urban Dictionary.com defines it as 'A useless, shady, deceitful person who is so unreliable and selfish they cause you much anger and frustration. A Flake's only agenda is what they want to do. They have a weak character, often the products of bad parenting/spoiling kids. A Flake will make plans, never attend, and give no reason for their absence, even after they spent hours calling, texting, or emailing you. Flakes try to manipulate everybody, and sometimes are not the idiots they appear to be. A Flake often has little to no real friends due to their erratic behavior. You can never rely on a Flake. When questioned about their behavior, a Flake just gives up on the relationship and moves on to another person. Flakes can't get by in the real world and often act immature beyond their years, causing them to be labeled as "useless" human beings.'

An example would be;

This girl called 15 times in one day and we decided to go out that night with some other friends. She arrives at the our meeting point, walks right by me like she doesn't know me, sits down with somebody else, and then proceeds to leave with them. Then, she stops answering her phone even though I know she sees my calls. A week or so later, she calls me again because she has nobody else to hang out with and wants to do something. However, she avoided all my phone calls for a week. Then she got mad when I confronted her about it. That's when I understood why people used to tell me she was "a useless flake" who still lives at home with her parents. When she was mentioned in a conversation someone always used the word "flake" in there somewhere.

Or how about something a little more personal;

We'd spent the entire weekend together. On the Sunday she says she's gonna drop by her friends place, but not for long, no more than 90mins or so. Course, 2hrs goes by and a txt is sent saying I'm on my way, cya soon. Shortly thereafter one is received saying no, not yet, that more time was needed. As she describes this friend as her cross-dressing-faggot-loser-friend-don't call me Roy call me Ang, I get a little suspicious. I never hear from her again that night. Ignores my calls, no response to my txt's. A txt is received the next morning saying she is stopping by on her way to work to grab her things...

The road was hard, the road was long. The struggle has always been how to reconcile our time together against our time apart.

In the end, in giving her one last opportunity she didn't surprise me in the least. And now I know with absolute certainty what a flake really is.

And that lesson I'll be carrying with me the remainder of my days.

'It was always mine anyways.'

Doesn't make this any less painful...

Sit down, take a look at yourself
Don't you want to be somebody
Someday somebody's gonna see inside
You have to face up, you can't run and hide...


Will you though?
Can you?

No, I finally accept that you cannot and that you are truly a lost soul.

I weep for your soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment